CHURCH MICE PAINTERS GROUP SHOW
On display through Fri., May 31st FREE
A group show featuring work from 16 diferent painters, a feast for the eyes....
MICHAEL RENO HARRELL
Sunday, June 9th
For tickets and info click on the photo below
BLUFF MOUNTAIN FESTIVAL
SATURDAY, JUNE 15 10am-7pm
FOR INFO CLICK THE BLUFF LOGO
The Madison County Arts Council is proud to be a site on
The Blue Rdige Music Trails of North Carolina
Click the logo for more information
Blue Ridge Music Trails of North Carolina guidebooks are available in the store at the Arts Center or by calling
- Junior Appalachian Musicians Program- Thursday afternoon lessons in fiddle, guitar, banjo, clogging, and mandolin. Fall 2013 J.A.M. classes begin in September, 2013. To download an application, click HERE.
- Arts in Education- - A collaborative program in our schools and communities.
- Bluff Mountain Festival - The largest regional traditional and old-time music event in the county. Featuring a silent art auction, food vendors, and artist booths. Bluff 2013 will be June 15th, in beautiful downtown Hot Springs. To be a vendor at the festival, click HERE.
- Barn Quilt Project- MCAC is sponsoring the creation of a series of paintings of quilt squares which adorn barns around our county. For more information click HERE.
- The Arts Center-Our home base which hosts concerts, exhibits, performances, lectures, and classes. The Arts Center is available to rent for private functions
Community Public Art Projects
- "ART ON THE ISLAND"- Festival - A Fall fair of artisans, crafters and music. The 2013 festival will take place on September 28th!
- FOUR MASTER FIDDLERS- A live documentary featuring tales and tunes from 4 legendary musicians. To order the DVD click the paypal link.To see a preview on youtube, click HERE
-ARTIST NEWS All Madison County artists are welcome to add their information to our new Artist Directory. We have added a searchable database that can host pictures and video. Member artists will be included in a 'Featured Artist' sidebar.
MCAC also provides grant opportunities:
- Grassroots Grants - As the designated county partner for the North Carolina Arts Council Grassroots funds, we provide grants to local arts related non-profits organizations such as:
Guild youth theatre program.
- Regional Artists Project Grants - In collaboration with four other WNC counties and North Carolina Arts Council, MCAC provides grants to emerging and established artists to further their career. Forms for the RAP grants are available at the 'downloads' section of the website.
- For further information on either of the above grant programs contact the MCAC office at (828)649-1301 or email us at